FINE ART MUSIC COMPANY PRESENTS "AMERICAN CLASSICAL SPIRIT"
November 5, 2016 7:30 PM
"AMERICAN CLASSICAL SPIRIT"
Copland, Barber, Ives & Still… then Bowles & Gershwin!
Jonathan Moser, violinist
Elivi Varga, flutist
Katarzyna Marzec-Salwinski, pianist
Rollin Wilber, pianist
Celebrating some of America’s great classical composers through a variety of their soulful music, sparked with imagination!
You’ll be listening to and learning of iconic works that show the remarkably rich palette of our uniquely American classical sound.
We’ll speak about, then share this delightful music with you; and look forward to you sharing your reactions with us!
- CHARLES IVES (1874-1954): Violin Sonata #4, for violin and piano – “Children’s Day at the Camp Meeting”
- AARON COPLAND (1900-1990): Duo for Flute and Piano
- WILLIAM GRANT STILL (1895-1978): Suite for Violin and Piano
- SAMUEL BARBER (1910-1981): Canzone, transcribed for flute and piano
- Nocturne, for solo piano
- PAUL BOWLES (1910-1999): Six Preludes for solo piano
- GEORGE GERSHWIN (1898-1937):Rhapsody in Blue for four-hand piano
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS
For more information on this concert, or to view the full repertoire, please visit Fine Art Music Company's website.