Latin Lives at Ivy Hall Summer 2018
The International Institute for Culture is offering two intensive Latin summer programs.
Beginners Latin - 18th June to 13th July
Intermediate Latin - 16th July to 10th August
This course is an excellent opportunity for those who want to study the classics, philosophy, law, medicine, theology - or simply be more fully connected with our own cultural heritage, in order to understand better both our past and our present.
- Each session covers the equivalent material of two semesters of University-level Latin studies;
- Provides a thorough introduction to classical Latin grammar and syntax;
- Employs the inductive method of language instruction;
- Uses the ecclesiastical, or “mediaeval”, form of pronunciation;
- Supplemental readings from Ancient, Patristic, and Mediaeval authors will be presented, along with the prayers of the Church and the parts of the mass from the Roman Missal.
- Stephanie Pope, et al. Cambridge Latin Course, North American Fourth Edition, Units 1-3.
- Benjamin Hall Kennedy. Revised Latin Primer.
- Langenscheidt Pocket Latin Dictionary.
- Norma Goldman and Ladislas Szymanski. English Grammar for Students of Latin.
Cost of the program:
$1,500 per session, not including the texts.
$2700 if both sessions are taken.
Other photocopied materials will be provided.
About the instructor:
Stephen C. Córdova is Latin Teacher at Martin Saints Classical High School in Oreland, PA. An expert Latinist with over twenty years of teaching experience, he brings an enthusiastic approach to the marvels of the Latin language.
If you need housing for the program, please contact Rebecca Haas at 215-877-9910 or write her at email@example.com.
To apply for the program, visit the IIC website: http://www.iiculture.org/latin.asp#summer
For more information, contact the instructor, Stephen C. Córdova: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com.
JOIN THE GROWING WORLDWIDE
MOVEMENT OF ENTHUSIASTS OF LIVING LATIN!